Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers Made with Essential Oils, oh YUM!!
With the warmer weather quickly approaching, a healthy grilled meal could be exactly what you need to get in the spring mood. These delicious and easy black bean burgers with essential oils are sure to be loved by everyone in your family.
2 garlic cloves
2 cans or 3 cups cooked black beans (drained and divided)
1/4 cup red bell pepper
2 drops Cilantro essential oil
2 drops Basil essential oil
1 pastured egg
1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
Himalayan Salt and ground Pink Peppercorn
1. Soak beans over night, rinse and drain the beans.
2. Put 1/2 of rinsed beans (1.5 cups), yellow onion, garlic, red bell pepper, Cilantro and Basil essential oil, egg, dried shiitake mushrooms, and salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
3. Combine with the remaining black beans and stir. If the mixture is too sticky, add more dried shiitake mushrooms until it holds together.
4. Divide into 4 patties.
5. Heat skillet/grill on medium heat. Add coconut oil.
6. Heat 6 minutes on each side. Be careful when you flip the burgers as they are very delicate.
7. While the burgers are cooking, cut up tomatoes, romaine lettuce, or other desired toppings.
8. Once the burger is cooked, put the burger on either a gluten-free bun or use a big butter lettuce leaf, top with your choice of veggies and desired condiments.
For a delicious side dish, broil some asparagus with a little bit of coconut oil, Himalayan salt, and Lemon essential oil.