HIIT Your Target with a Tabata WorkoutTurboFire® is the intense 90-day cardio conditioning program that will help you get leaner with exercises that burn up to 9x more fat and calories than regular cardio and it comes with four different amazing HIIT workout:
- Low HIIT 20 Class - Unlock the Turbo in you with this low-impact workout filled with 6 drills, which are sure to become your favorites.
- Low HIIT 25 Class - Low-impact doesn't mean low intensity! With this intense workout packed with 7 drills, you won't need to jump to scorch calories.
- HIIT 15 Class - Don't be fooled by this shorter workout; you'll be sure to break a sweat with 9 killer drills.
- HIIT 20 Class - Scorch fat with 7 sizzling Fire Drills in 20 minutes.
Tabata was a Japanese exercise physiologist that researchedOlympic speed skating workouts to determine the optimal interval protocol for increasing both aerobic and anaerobic capacities in the most time-efficient man
Experts say Tabata should be used as part of a well-rounded regimen that includes cardiovascular, strength and flexibility workouts. A basic Tabata is 20 seconds as fast and intense as you can go, then 10 seconds of rest. Repeat eight times. I love using the FocusEnergy and it's push for the green coffee bean to bust the fat even more, and with a short workout you have to bust out everything you have to get the results you want. A few tips I've learned over the years:
- A Tabata interval can be performed with many exercises, including cycling, running, jumping rope and treadmill work. - Start with one that is most comfortable for you.
- Allow time for a warm-up and cool-down. Never start by immediately putting the pedal to the metal.
- Don't count the seconds in your head; rely on a good timer. This will allow you to put your full focus on the exercise. Tabata apps are available for smartphones like my Nexus S.
- Track your progress. The ultimate goal is to be as fast in Set 8 as Set 1. If you experience soreness for more than a day or so, stop and consult a physician.