Pear and Chia Coconut Pancakes:Who doesn't love something sweet for breakfast... or lunch... or dinner!!!??
2 large pastured egg, beaten
3/4 cup non-dairy unsweetened vanilla milk (I prefer hemp milk)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp honey (optional)
2 ripe medium pears, grated
1 scoop BlendFresh Yellow (great for added nutrients but optional)
1/2 cup coconut flour (add additional tbsp if you find they aren't holding together to your liking)
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat the egg for 30 seconds. Add milk, chia seeds and honey, and mix. Set aside for chia seeds to soak up the liquid a bit. This is what will hold your pancakes together with the pears so don't get cheap on the timing.
2. In another small bowl, grate you pears. Use the larger holed section on your grater. Compost your cores. Add to the liquid mix (including juice). Mix.
3. Add flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda, and mix to combine.
4. Melt your coconut oil in microwave and add to the batter. Mix in well/
5. Preheat your skillet to medium, I love my green ceramic skillet!! Spray with coconut oil spray, and before each additional pancake.
6. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet.. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 2 to 3 minutes more. I found mine really needed that four minutes to solidify nicely.
7. Serve warm, with desired toppings like some fresh mashed fruit or preserves with no added additional sugars.
it's a perfect amount of pancakes for myself and my daughter if we are eating these for a meal. If you add my husband into the mix, this becomes a side dish. You get the jest. Makes about 6 pancakes.