7 Toxic Reasons To Ditch Dryer SheetsWash, Wear, Repeat. Right?
In fact it was very relevant in my morning on Tuesday because the washer wasn't spinning out water, and we had to clean out the dryer spin filter. Now I use clean laundry soap, and essential oils, and yet it still was so stinky it was GROSS!! What do you think it would be like if it was full of chemicals. And then of course you have to throw it all in the dryer, and most of us use dryer sheets. They are full of so many bad things, I stopped using them originally because of my corn allergy before I knew how bad they were. Let's bake in the toxic chemicals and then put them on, sleep in them, and let all of those horrid toxic chemicals just get absorbed into our skin. Research show that all of this highly contributes to dysfunction and disease of our nervous system.GREAT! More to worry about. And they aren't even required to tell you what chemicals are being used.
In one study, scientists found that some commercial fabric softeners emit mixtures of chemicals that can cause sensory irritation (SI), pulmonary irritation (PI), and reduce midexpiratory airflow velocity in normal mice. These scientists believe that these results provide a toxicological basis to explain some of the issues and reactions humans have to fabric softener emissions. Read more about the study here.
The author of the book, The Brain Wash, says these are the seven most common chemicals found in dryer sheets and their effect on the central nervous system:
1. Alpha-Terpineol causes central nervous system disorders. Can also cause loss of muscular coordination, central nervous system depression, and headache.And what's interesting is that originally you may feel sensitive to something like this, like kids getting a rash, but your body gets used to the toxins. Did you know that? And then you don't even mind that you are being pushed into toxic overload. More reason for a cleanse, but that we can talk about later.
2. Benzyl Alcohol causes central nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, central nervous system depression, and, in severe cases, death.
3. Camphor on the US EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Central nervous system stimulant, causes dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles, and convulsions.
4. Chloroform on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Neurotoxic and carcinogenic.
5. Ethyl Acetate on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Narcotic. May cause headaches and narcosis (stupor).
6. Linalool causes central nervous system disorders. Narcotic. In studies of animals, it caused ataxic gait (loss of muscular coordination), reduced spontaneous motor activity, and depression.
7. Pentane causes headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, and loss of consciousness. Repeated inhalation of vapours causes central nervous system depression.