Simple Sugars makes our kids sickYou may read the topic and think I'm a crazy person, but I want to share with you some information that's been around since a large study in the early 1970's. Just 400 calories of simple sugars (glucose, fructose, honey, juice, sugar, etc.) decreases you immunity. The cells ability to engulf bacteria is left at that decreased level for five hours.
Dr. Sears has said:
Excess sugar depresses immunity. Studies have shown that downing 75 to 100 grams of a sugar solution (about 20 teaspoons of sugar, or the amount that is contained in two average 12-ounce sodas) can suppress the body’s immune responses. Simple sugars, including glucose, table sugar, fructose, and honey caused a fifty- percent drop in the ability of white blood cells to engulf bacteria. In contrast, ingesting a complex carbohydrate solution (starch) did not lower the ability of these white blood cells to engulf bacteria. The immune suppression was most noticeable two hours post-ingestion, but the effect was still evident five hours after ingestion.
There was a 1973 study, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the researchers at Loma Linda University gave volunteers 100 grams of sugar (20 teaspoons, roughly the amount in a liter of soda). The researchers then drew blood from the volunteers and mixed in some bacteria. They found that infection-fighting white blood cells from people who had just gorged on sugar gobbled up many fewer bacteria than those who had just fasted or eaten an unsweetened starch.
Let's take that a step further. We know that a typical human has about 5 liters of blood, and a reading of 99 mg/dl, which is considered pre-diabetic - which does effect your immune response. Just one teaspoon of sugar contains 5 grams which is all that is needed to hit that reading. So the 4.95 grams of sugar in the blood of a person just short of being pre-diabetic equals a little less than one teaspoon. Crazy, right?
So why am I including wheat to this topic of sugar and immune suppression?How often do you feed your kids. What's in their lunch box, What do you think your kids are getting for treats at school and preschool?
When we eat simple sugars at every meal our bodies cannot respond to disease. Along with that the peptides in gluten cause immune suppression or addiction to wheat. And our children already have less developed immune systems and are touching everything, hugging friends and have become these little petri dishes living with runny noses, coughs and upset stomachs. They are getting some sort of simple sugar and wheat at every meal, every snack. They are never able to catch up internally to fight off the bacteria in their bodies. There are simple things you can do, so let me sum it up for you:
- All body processes are intertwined especially the gut and immune system. Structure determines function. Good food turns on good genes.
- We are not slaves to our family's medical history.
- The American Medical Association recommends organic foods. Benomyl has been connected to Parkinson's disease. It kills neurons. But this is just one chemical in our food system and we know so little about so many of these chemicals and pesticides they are using on our food. Organic is best.
- A way to help our children eat healthy food is adding in smoothies (With kale, broccoli, berries, citrus, pineapple, and your complete powder--- my favorite new vegan protein/fiber shake) and creating a rainbow on their plates. Teach them to get in all of their colors. I am thankful for the extra plants we get from the complete shake and children don't even notice it is good for them it tastes so good.
- We must supplement for our children. Our soils are depleted and our produce is very different from our grandparents produce---lacks nutrients. A children's chewable whole foods supplement is a great support to your child's system.
- Reduce toxic load. Use less chemical self care and home cleaning products.
- Inflammatory foods are Wheat (Wheat Belly) Simple Carbs (Sugar) Excess Omega 6 (from fast food)
- Use Flaxseeds (Omega 3 to balance Omega 6s)
- Children are immune suppressed. Build a healthy immunity through playing in the dirt. (antibacterial essential oil hand sanitizer.) the complete offers probiotics and whole foods vitamin D . Feeding children inflammatory foods leads to pro-inflammatory diseases and autoimmune disease.
- Whole foods are safe and effective for all of us and help protect and support our gut microbiome. Gut microbiome is turning out to be the key to so many of the unwell symptoms in our lives.
Remember that Kids Eat Free with the Children's Health Study when an adult orders their own whole foods supplements a child age four through college is eligible to get a free order of their own!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product nor anything written about on this blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This blog is a purely entertainment practice. ')